- Weather forecasting is better than ever (this article focuses on hurricane forecasting in particular) — but the public doesn’t seem to realize that.
- Imagine life without meteorologists. (But don’t imagine it for too long, please.)
- Here’s what’s helping make the California fires bigger and scarier.
- “The night America burned”: a look at the deadliest — and most overlooked — fire in U.S. history.
- Is the unusual warmth ruining the fall foliage season?
- Scientists say there’s enough wind energy over the oceans to power human civilization.
- NASA’s Kepler space telescope identified over a thousand exo-planets (planets outside our own solar system) — but how many did it miss?
- The missing half of “normal” matter in the Universe has been detected.
- Here are 5 vital things you can’t do properly when you’re on your phone.
- Listen, don’t look: why your ears can tell you more than your eyes.
- Human attraction is weird and confusing — and it’s about way more than looks.
- Small doses of exercise may help to ward off depression.