Scattered showers this evening will gradually wind down, but they won’t completely stop either — isolated showers will still be possible overnight. The HRRR model’s radar simulation shows the diminishing rain coverage, but still a few showers early Tuesday:
Temperatures tonight will only fall to the low 70s by early Tuesday morning:
Scattered showers are in the forecast again on Tuesday, especially along and south of I-40:
I might be slightly over-estimating those odds, but I’m choosing to err on the side of caution — just keep the umbrella handy. We should make it up to the mid to upper 80s for highs tomorrow, thanks to a few more breaks in the cloud cover:
The unsettled weather pattern will continue Wednesday and Thursday, with high temperatures around 90° and a decent chance of storms each day:
The forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday is looking mostly dry at this point, then we’ll see a slight chance of showers for Eclipse Day on Monday. It’s still REALLY early for a specific eclipse-time forecast, but this is one of the most important forecasts we’ll ever do, so here’s an early look ahead:
“Cautious optimism” is my state of mind right now, mainly based on what the more-reliable European forecast model is showing. We’ll keep you updated throughout the next 7 days, and of course we’re hoping to have good news to deliver!
- Enjoy the total eclipse this month! In a few million years, they won’t happen anymore.
- What happens to the weather during an eclipse?
- How America’s last coast-to-coast eclipse (almost) proved Einstein right.
- Fun eclipse fact: the Moon’s shadow isn’t a circle.
- One weird thing about eclipses you’ve probably never noticed.
- In some parts of the country, August has lost a little of its bite this year.
- The oceans are losing oxygen, just as they did 94 million years ago.
- Decades of invaluable moon data are missing. Now, researchers are trying to get it back.
- A breakthrough in plasma engines could fly us to the edge of space.
- When it comes to killing bacteria, washing your hands with cold water is just as effective as with hot.
- Humans can’t tell legitimate science from junk science.
- The photos you share on Instagram may hold clues to your mental health, a new study suggests.
- Why does being out in the sun make you so sleepy?
- We sleep less as we age because our brains don’t think we’re tired.