Back up to around 90° again on Thursday:
Dew points will climb near 70° tomorrow — while that won’t quite be a return to Tropical Storm Cindy levels of humidity, it is significantly higher on the “Muggy Meter”:
That’s also enough mugginess to produce an isolated storm chance — the best chance will be in the higher terrain of eastern Middle Tennessee:
Spotty storms possible again on Friday — I waffled back-and-forth between putting a 30% or 40% storm chance in the forecast, but I’ll stick with 30% for now.
It’s almost impossible to pin down the specific timing and placement of our summertime pop-up storms…which, I realize, is frustrating.
A better-than-50/50 chance of scattered thunderstorms heads our way on Saturday — beginning tomorrow, we’ll start to get a better look at the timing of those storms so you can adjust your outdoor plans accordingly.
We’ll get back to our typical summertime 20%-40% storm chance Sunday through Tuesday, with highs around or above 90° throughout the Fourth of July weekend:
- This is the best thing I’ve read about the August 21 total eclipse — 7 things to anticipate about the eclipse.
- We take it for granted, but water is actually pretty weird. And a new study shows it’s even weirder than we thought.
- Bacteria in the sky may help to make it rain.
- Earth’s “dry zones” support a surprising number of trees — and that could be good news in the fight against climate change.
- A new island has formed off the Outer Banks in North Carolina.
- Why are we so obsessed with finding new planets outside our own solar system?
- Scientists discover that DNA analysis might not be a very useful part of your medical checkup.
- Every breath you take contains approximately one molecule of air from Caesar’s last breath. Alrighty then.
- These states have the fattest pets — and they might surprise you.
- Summer nerd-advice: from tiny and gross to huge and terrifying, steer clear of these beach creatures.