Beautiful weather in store for the next several days — we’ll see lots of sunshine today, with high temperatures in the upper 70s to around 80°:
That’s a few degrees below-average, but here’s the best part: dew points will be in the 50s today, which is right where we want to be on the “muggy meter”:
Just a very slight shower chance along the Cumberland Plateau tomorrow — the RPM model shows some radar freckles, but I think even this meager depiction is overdone:
High temperatures Thursday will only reach the upper 70s!
A warming trend will start to kick in on Friday, and we’ll be back up to around 90° over the weekend, but both Saturday and Sunday are looking dry at this point. All in all, the weather for CMA Fest and Bonnaroo looks great!
- The August 21 solar eclipse prompted NOAA to calculate the potential for cloudiness along the U.S. path. They’re only estimating a 44% chance of “favorable” conditions in Nashville, but that’s based on historical conditions — we won’t get a look at the specific forecast for this August 21 until 7-10 days beforehand.
- Every year a “terrifying” mudslide careens down Switzerland’s Illhorn mountain. The video in the story is pretty incredible.
- A common sunscreen could help make better solar panels.
- A pit spotted on Mars has scientists scratching their heads.
- This distant planet is hotter than some stars.
- A look at changes coming to the iPhone with the upcoming release of iOS 11.
- A new electric jet hints at the future of “hailing a cab” (or calling an Uber).
- Six science-based reasons why laughter is the best medicine.