A mix of clouds and sunshine overhead today, with dry weather — no rain showers expected, and the humidity has dropped noticeably! Temperatures this afternoon will reach the mid to upper 70s, just a few degrees below average:
We’ll be back up to around 80° Tuesday:
A few showers could pop up tonight and during the day Tuesday, but they look limited right now — but the bulk of the rain will barely miss us to the south, so it will be a close call. Our next good chance of rain moves in Tuesday night and Wednesday:
I’m not concerned about severe weather at this point.
Cooler on Wednesday, thanks to widespread clouds and showers — high temperatures will only top out around 70°. Looking farther down the line, Memorial Day weekend is looking “unsettled” at this point, but not a washout either. Temperatures should be warm, with highs in the low to mid 80s:
- Do you love the smell of spring? Here’s where the season’s odors come from.
- Where are the highest chances for a hot summer in 2017? The Climate Prediction Center just released its latest outlook for June-July-August 2017.
- The United Nations has identified the world’s all-time deadliest storms.
- April 2017 was the 388th consecutive month of above-average global temperatures.
- Thanks to global warming, Antarctica is starting to turn green.
- The New York Times did a great multi-part series about Antarctic research and the changes that are happening in that part of the world.
- The founder of the “Mars Society” is not a fan of NASA’s plans.
- How rain shaped the surface of Mars.
- Astronomers are already counting down to New Years Day 2019, when the New Horizons probe will visit its next target.
- Part of the path to the peak of Mount Everest has collapsed.
- Editing technology is improving to the point where the line between “real” and “fake” is increasingly blurry.
- Will Tesla’s tiles finally give “solar shingles” their day in the sun?
- An article you probably don’t want to share with your teenager: video games are good for your brain.
- There are therapy dogs for people who are afraid of public speaking.