A very nice spring day in store for us today — lots of sunshine, and temperatures will warm up rapidly to the mid to upper 70s this afternoon:
Still breezy today, but not as flat-out WINDY as yesterday! If you’re heading downtown for the Preds’ game, the pre-game weather is looking great:
A much better chance of rain moves in Wednesday night, and that rain will linger all day Thursday and even into Friday:
It won’t rain everywhere all the time, but it’s just looking generally WET. Fortunately, the severe weather threat will stay down to our south, and rainfall amounts should fall in the 1″-1.5″ range…not heavy enough to cause widespread flooding.
Because of the clouds, temperatures will be stuck in the 60s both Thursday and Friday, before we (mostly) dry out over the weekend:
Just a slight shower chance overnight Saturday. We’ll keep you updated on that as the weekend draws closer.
A light day on the science-y sections of the interwebs yesterday, but there’s still some good reading material here…
- The storm system that brought us the rain and wind on Sunday was immense — not only did it produce tornadoes in the South and flooding in the Midwest, but blizzard conditions as well.
- How drone swarms could help protect us from tornadoes.
- Does light lose energy as it travels through the Universe?
- Researchers are perfecting technology that sniffs out disease in your breath and blood.
- Why it gets harder to get good sleep as you age.
- The science of laughter — and why it also has a dark side.
- How did science fare in Sunday night’s U.S. budget deal? Better than many expected…