Pleasantly warm weather in store for us today — temperatures will reach the low to mid 80s this afternoon under partly cloudy skies, but the humidity will remain low:
If you’re heading out to the Sounds’ game downtown, or to the Predators’ watch party on the plaza at Bridgestone Area, the weather is looking very cooperative!
Easter Sunday still looks unsettled, but the best chance of rain looks like it will move in mainly late in the day. Easter morning’s shower chance isn’t zero, though — areas to the northwest of Nashville have the best chance of rain for the first half of the day. High temperatures will still reach up to around 80°:
Tomorrow morning we’ll be able to start taking a look at some Futurecast radar simulations for Sunday.
Warm weather will continue for the foreseeable future, with highs above average through the middle of next week despite a good chance of scattered storms each day:
I’m not concerned about severe weather at this point.
The wet weather pattern next week isn’t convenient, but we need the rain! The latest update from the US Drought Monitor still shows most of the Midstate as “abnormally dry” (one step below actual drought conditions):
- It feels like summer around here today, but Caribou, Maine just ended a record-crushing 132-day streak with a foot of snow on the ground.
- A detailed look at “carbon capture,” the technology that promises to catch CO2 before it escapes out of smokestacks.
- We showed a little of this on-air today, but the complete video is spectacular — drone footage over active volcanoes.
- Pretty much everyone is aware of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot, but the giant planet has an even bigger “giant cold spot.”
- NASA’s Cassini probe will have one final, groundbreaking mission – exploring the region between Saturn and its rings.
- A team of astronomers has confirmed the existence of one of the most distant galaxies in the Universe.
- Inhaling forest air actually improves how your immune system functions.
- How some animals survive on almost no water.
- Science weighs in on how to save more of your tax refund.
- Important science, solving the greatest mystery of our time: Why shoelaces get untied.
- Adobe is using artificial intelligence to make your selfies look like actual photography.
- An actual flying car will be available for pre-order later this year.