Temperatures will remain very warm through the rest of the week — low 80s again Friday and Saturday, with just a slight chance (20%) of a pop-up shower or storm:
I wouldn’t worry about the rain chances if you have outdoor plans.
A better chance of scattered showers and non-severe storms moves in Easter Sunday, continuing into Monday and Tuesday:
The best chance of rain Easter Sunday morning looks like it will be to the northwest of Nashville, with the rest of the Midstate getting in on the scattered showers and storms by the afternoon and evening. That’s still in the back half of the 7-day forecast though, so the best idea is to remain flexible with any outdoor plans on the holiday.
- The full March 2017 U.S. Climate Report from NOAA is now available.
- Climate researchers just lost part of an important collection of ancient Arctic ice cores, after a freezer malfunction at a university in Canada.
- A new study finds that climate change may thaw more permafrost than expected, worsening the Arctic warming feedback loop.
- But there’s some good news too: The quest to capture and store carbon — and slow climate change — just reached a new milestone.
- With a week and about $300, you can make a high-quality weather station for yourself.
- The world’s five deadliest volcanoes…and why they’re so dangerous.
- New findings suggest that solar storms can drain electrical charge in the upper atmosphere above Earth’s poles.
- The very same science that first produced them may someday make chemical weapons a worry of the past.
- We’re just a couple of weeks away from marathon weekend in Nashville…here’s rundown of the many reasons that running a marathon is awful.
- The dreaming brain and the waking brain could be much more similar than we ever imagined.
- Some questions in science and math, because of their very nature, may be unanswerable.
- How much exercise do we really need?
- Just having an optimistic attitude can be good for your health.