The next chance of showers and thunderstorms will move in late Monday into Tuesday…I’m unconcerned about severe weather at this point:
We’ll leave the remainder of the extended forecast mild…one model run this afternoon came in with a HUGE cold snap for next weekend, but it’s an outlier at this point. We’ll keep an eye on it!
- Nashville recorded its 2nd-warmest February and 5th-warmest winter on record…but that’s nothing compared to what Australia has been dealing with recently.
- I love seeing articles that keep things in perspective (rather than all “doom and gloom”): Yes, you can care about climate change and still enjoy freakishly warm winter days.
- Six years after an earthquake and subsequent tsunami caused a nuclear disaster, efforts to clean up Fukushima continue.
- This is must-see stuff: 2016’s most breathtaking volcanic eruptions.
- More Earth science: our planet’s mantle is over 100 degrees hotter than previously thought.
- An interesting hypothetical: 7 ways Earth would change if our Moon were destroyed.
- NASA’s mission to Jupiter’s moon Europa has now entered the design phase.
- The temperature swings of winds emitted around black holes have been measured for the first time.
- Astronomers and physicists say the majority of the matter in the Universe is in the form of dark matter, but how dense does it get?
- Computers beat humans in checkers, chess, and go. How about no-limit poker? Add it to the list…