Today’s weather will be very similar to yesterday’s — hot, but not too humid, with high temperatures around 90° this afternoon:
With the humidity remaining in check, no worries about the heat index or any storm chances this afternoon.
More of the same on the way the rest of the week, even a degree or two warmer through the weekend. That puts us fairly close to record territory, especially Saturday and Monday:
The humidity will gradually increase as well, but rain chances will remain below 20% through Sunday:
Relief from the summer-like temperatures is on the way next week, but its precise arrival time is still up in the air — that’s why I’m only putting a 20-30% chance in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday. The American forecast model (the GFS) brings a good chance of showers and thunderstorms into the Midstate already on Monday, with fall-like air to follow:
Problem is, that forecast model isn’t the most-accurate. Could it be right? Sure! In fact, I hope it is…but the European model is more reliable, and it holds the rain chance off until Wednesday:
Either way, it looks like some genuinely autumnal air will move into the Midstate next week — it’s just a matter of exactly WHEN it will move in. We’ll keep you posted.
- It’s incredible, but there were ZERO casualties on the island of Itbayat last week…despite the fact that the island took a direct hit from a super typhoon with 185mph sustained winds.
- It’s official: this year’s meteorological summer (June-July-August) was globally the hottest in recorded history.
- How warmer ocean temperatures change weather and landscapes around the planet.
- Two major banks have pledged to make their operations carbon-neutral within in the next five years.
- Dark matter is far from a simple concept, but this is a relatively simple explanation as to why astronomers and physicists know its real.
- A vanishing star might be the first confirmed case of a failed supernova.
- It’s a long way off from Star Trek transporters, but researchers have succeeded in using quantum teleportation to send information across a city.
- Some new equipment will soon give Navy divers one of the most futuristic views on the planet.
- What was the actual cost of the VW emissions cheat?
- British scientists are working on “designer rest” to help your brain function more efficiently when you’re sleeping…AND when you’re awake.
- MRI images show how the brain decodes sentences.
- What does it mean (scientifically) to be bored?