Another cloudy and chilly today in progress, with more showers of a rain/snow mix. Most of the shower activity will be concentrated north and east of Metro Nashville, and temperatures are warm enough that the snowflakes won’t be able to stick…EXCEPT in the higher terrain of eastern Middle Tennessee, where a Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon:
Good news is just around the corner! Skies will clear out by midday Friday, and we’ll warm up this weekend through the first half of next week:
The next chance of rain and thunderstorms on Wednesday will bring an end to our little warm spell — too soon to tell at this point whether any severe potential will shape up, or whether any snow will head our way on the back edge of that system.
- The severe weather outbreak continued yesterday, with several more fatalities.
- The deadly tornadoes in Virginia were the state’s first on record in the month of February.
- The wind associated with Tuesday night’s storms was strong enough to snap concrete electrical poles.
- Yes, it’s a bit early in the year for this type of severe weather outbreak.
- What NOT to do when a tornado is heading toward you: take video out the window from the 5th floor of an office building.
- For a few minutes during a week or so in February, a waterfall at Yosemite National Park looks like a “firefall.” Spectacular pictures.
- A new map of the Milky Way’s star-forming gasses shows a stunning new view of the galaxy.
- The other astronomical breakthrough that took 100 years to achieve.
- A “radio flash” has been tracked to a distant galaxy…but it’s not what you think. In fact, it helps reveal the Universe’s “missing mass.”
- Distracted drivers are even more dangerous than you thought.
- Computers can tell if you’re bored.
- How sleep can heal our brains.
- The psychology behind Facebook’s “reactions” comes straight from Darwin.